I will be using this to post my reviews that I do for Metal Temple and my own reviews that I do on my own. A variety of metal genres and bands will be posted, everything from power to doom, Amorphis to Zyklon.
Grindeye - Bloom
Grindeye is an instrumental post-metal band from the valley of Trier, Germany. They formed in 2015 and I believe " Bloom " is their second release. I love the sound of this album---it was recorded completely in analogue and that difference can definitely be heard. According to their bandcamp page, the band wanted it to sound as "live" as possible. As far as my humble opinion is concerned, they pulled it off and then some. The production and mix has such a warm sound to it; the instruments envelope me in the way that few albums this year have. The songwriting is truly impressive. It is expansive and imaginative while not having any bloat to it. Everything is exactly where it should be, a process that results in smooth flowing music despite how formless it truly is. I can't help but feel the music and the song titles go hand in hand.....maybe it's my imagination running wild but my explanations of why I think this way will also help explain why the songs a...
Comments
Post a Comment